weekend disaster.. need advice on Voles

Well this weekend I started to plot the move of 70 plus hosta from close to
the house.  I figured that I'd just transfer them to spot's I'd planned for
this years hosta for now (keeping them in pots incase I decided they should
be moved again).  When I started things looked pretty normal, then I got
into odd type holes.  Three of my most prized hosta where totally gone, in
it's place tunnels.  Two more showed tunnels but I found the roots still
there but chewed on.  I was trying to think what may have eaten them when I
thought about previous discussions on Voles..  Now I'm looking into my
archived emails for the voles emails and can't find any...  So I'm looking
for some assistance in what to do before I lose more.

Kate E. Ardissono

PS  I also came to a conclusion conserning seed growing.... the ones that I
pampered are not doing as well as the ones I ignore... I guess who ever
previously mentioned being less than meticulous with their seeds was