Re: weekend disaster.. need advice on Voles

In a message dated 4/3/00 9:58:35 AM Eastern Daylight Time, sunkat@excite.com
writes:

<< OK!  Do the blue pellets have a name?  >>

Kate, the brand that I have bought is made by Farnam Companies, Omaha Neb.
It is called Just One Bite, for indoor and outdoor Rodnet Control.  Kills
Norway rats, roof rats, house mice and other things.  Just one dose is lethal
to the rodent.

Someone had the square blocks attached to a piece of wood.  I like that idea
as you can keep track of your baits.  The water bottles were a little big and
they would need to be painted I would think.  Voles really like the dark.
Someone at hosta college was talking about using two inch pvc pipe to put the
bait in and lay on the ground in the runs but I didn't get the details.

I figured out with Jeff Collier's help that I have shrews, bless them.  They
are carnivores and I believe a natural enemy to the vole.  I am not certain
about that.  Wonder who out there has some biology in their background,
enough to know about shrews, voles, moles, etc.  I fee the urge to buy
another book coming on.

N.