Re: Pileated Woodpeckers

Gailjo3@aol.com wrote:
> Betsy,
> We found the borax in the laundry products section of the supermarket; it's a
> laundry 'booster.' The other day, my husband saw some ant baits that said
> "now with
> borax," so we must be on to something. Give it a few days to work. Gail

The ant killer with borax is Terro II ant killer. Basically all it is
made of is Karo corn syrup, and a small amount of Borax. It's great for
sweet-eating ants (I've had so many ants in my house!)
  I use it all the time. It's the only thing I feel is safe for use
around my pets, since I can hide it in a corner, and they won't get to
 I'm not sure how it'd work on carpenter ants.

Diane Frederick