wire mesh baskets

Kate,
   Sorry to hear about your hosta and the "voles".  I lost several expensive
hosta, terrestrial orchids, epimediums, and the list goes on..........before
I learned to put everything that cost or is really dear to my heart in a
wire basket.  I planted all new hosta last year in baskets, and dug about 30
or so of the old, and placed in baskets.  I will try to get 30 or more of
the old ones in baskets this year.  It felt good not to panic when something
"new" didn't seem to appear at the correct time this spring.  I also added 4
cats to the family.  A week hasn't gone by this spring that I haven't seen
at least one of them with a vole.
They are well rewarded for their efforts.
Judy in VA