Re: Making Potting Soil

In a message dated 4/9/00 10:03:22 PM Central Daylight Time,
acahanes@frontiernet.net writes:

<< what do I mix together to
 make my own potting soil for plants that will be going into pots >>
For growing on T.C. plants I use Stronglite universial mix
(bark,peat,perilite and a wetting agent), available from J.R. Johnson in
Mpls. For more established plants I mix good garden soil , peat and perilite
in about a 40/50/10 ratio.  I also add a time release fert. like Nutricote.

Dave Drum
Wayzata Mn
Zone 4