need advice..plant sales/exchange

Hi everyone.
I'm hoping some of you can provide me with some free expertise from your
experiences as to the best way, procedure to run a plant exchange/sale.  As
some may have gathered, an association is trying to take flight up here
(Quebec Canada) related to hostas and daylilies. Rejean Millette is trying
hard and devoting lots of time to organize a first time sale/plant echange
in a few weeks at the Montreal Botanical Gardens for all new members, and
seems to have things under control, but we're looking for any suggestions
and help anyone can share in their experience as to the  first time running
of a plant (hosta and daylily) exchange.  So tell us what works and what
doesn't, your likes and dislikes, or anything else you feel is important.
All really new at this, so please speak up, on the list or
privately....Thanks.  And if I shouldn't have asked, sorry.
Quebec, Canada