Some assistance, please

Dear hosta friends,

Last fall, I lost 4 good-sized shade trees that turned my largest hosta bed
into near total shade.

This year, obviously, they will be in nearly full sun--at least until 4PM or

Any suggestions for:

1. Temporary measures, and
2. A tree with deep roots that grows fairly rapidly to about 30-50' and isn't
"messy" in habit.  Zone6

Thanks in advance.