Re: Hosta planted to deep froms a second crown at right depth.(don't count on...

township@acbm.qc.ca writes:

<< Now I nearly beat them up before planting them,
 making sure all the roots are loose and spread out.  These do much better.
 Kinda thinking out loud here, and probably giving myself more work this
 spring! >>

Barbara, if you need more work, come for a visit.

Ya, it is good to shake the soil off and see where the crown is so that it is
not too deep when planting.  Ed El. says to give the roots a tap against
something and that makes the hosta grow better, sadistic but works even when
moving seedlings.

We tend to plant a little deeper here because with all the freezing and
thawing plants seem to just heave right out of the ground.

We are having a very sunny day here, the dogs are basking in front of the
doorway and I am going outside right now to see what can be done that is not
tooooooo hard.

Your smile closing always sends me into that keep smiling song, for sure
thats what friends are for, always count on you........through sad
times......through glad times .....thats what friend are for.........N.