Re: 2 feet of snow??

Hello Cindy,

Here in SW MB (about an hour north of the International Peace Gardens) we
received at least 15 cms of the white stuff yesterday.  Before that about
half of our snow had gone and there were a couple bare spots in the warmer
areas but the back garden still has a couple feet of snow cover, more now
because of yesterday's dump of heavy wet stuff.  My biggest problem in the
warmer garden areas is the water.  We had a wet fall and then it got really
cold really fast.  The snow came early and stayed.  There was no mid-winter
thaw at all.  So, now the spots that are seeing the snow disappear have
huge puddles of water that freezes almost every night.  Now the ice is
covered with snow.  I have told myself not to look at it as if not looking
will do anything!  Some of my nicest liliums, iris and daylilies are in the
affected beds (2 of them) and I'm very worried.   But, there is nothing I
can do about it.  The hosta gardens are in the back so they are safe, for
now anyhow.

BJ in SW MB