Re: Hosta Genetics: Marcotrigiano on Hosta Sports

Andrew,

I note that you, as a member of hosta-open,  used my post of yesterday
to hosta-open , entitled "Old Posts Make Good Reading " as a posting  "
offered" by Jim Hawes to your HostaHaven forum. This is incorrect. I
offered it freely to hosta-open readers for their potential  benefit,
not your Forum.. You "borrowed" it without permission, "edited"  it
without permission and "corrupted"  it in such a way as to prevent
readers from determining what words were Marcotrigiano's and what words
were mine. Are  you not aware that this is quite unethical and unfair to
Marcotrigiano? Since you have deliberately eliminated all signal marks
used to indicate what was copied and what was new material in the
posting , this corruption of the text , used without quotation marks
which are necessary to indicate attribution to the original  author,
represents a type of editing which violates good editorial principles
and borders on plagiarism.

Until you learn what is ethical and what is not, you are going to have
serious trouble as a moderator in achieving confidence with readers and
other participants ( if you have any) in your  HostaHaven  Forum . This
blunder on your part is unconscionable. I request  that in the future,
you desist and do not involve me in any way with your tricky
editorializing as an administrator/moderator  within your Forum. I am
not a participant in your Forum and have indicated to you that I  do not
wish to be. Please respect my wishes.

Jim Hawes

Jim Hawes