Re: old house

Denise Nakon wrote:
> Oooooh! Bob, what an excellent job you did restoring your home. I love it!
> Did you find any treasures in it?

Hi Denise
	I consider the whole house a treasure. We could never have been able to
find a house like this in Iowa City. It had been in only one family for
one hundred years and the two old women who lived here for the last 50
years had never painted inside(or outside for that matter), just
wallpapered so I stripped that out and took 85 gallons of varnish
remover and did all the wood work plus the hardwood floors. I wore out
two wallpaper steamers before I realized I could do the same thing with
a garden hose and hot water.
                Hostasonline http://hostasonline.com/
                Hosta Library http://hostalibrary.org/