Hosta Experiment

Good morning,

Last fall I attempted something I've never tried before.  I buried a potted
hosta (MOSTLY GHOSTLY) in the veggie garden to overwinter.  This past
weekend I dug it out of the frozen ground (that was interesting) since
there was about an inch of standing water in the pot.  It now sits in my
cool basement (about 8 degrees C) next to a west window.  Initially, the
bottom 3/4 of the pot was frozen but since being in the basement 3 days, it
has thawed out completely.  It is very wet (read soggy) and I am wondering
what I should do now to get it growing.

Any advice would be gratefully accepted.

TIA,

BJ in SW MB, Canadian Prairies, Zone 2/3 depending on the day