Re: Morality Play

     Jim

     I applaud your perspective. It is a bright sunny day within "our
family" today. Down there in the trenches there are many skirmishes and they
will continue till the end of time. You have told me that you live on a Mt.
Top in Maryland. My Mt Top is in New Hampshire and ooooh, what a view. This
vantage point affords us the opportunity to observe the sunrise before most
are awake and equal opportunity to observe the waning sunset with all it's
wistful beauty long after others call it gone. Are we winners?
     I suggest to you that we are but messengers, pilgrims on a journey with
a feather weight pack on our backs, carrying the few precious gifts given to
us by others that are truly necessary for real survival. They are gifts and
by their very design are meant to be given. If we attempt to "hold on" with a
tight grip they disintegrate before our blinded eyes. If instead they are
freely given to the next pilgrim we meet on this perilous journey, we possess
them forever. It is in the act of giving that they become ours to keep.
     I have chosen Hosta as you have Jim and its an honorable pursuit. How
many of us in this "our family" have given a Hosta to another that respects
the gift? In the very act of giving and taking the gift, who receives the
most? Who is the "winner"? Jim I have given away hundreds if not thousands of
Hosta as I know you have and I am the richer man for it. What we both know is
that the Hosta, with all its intrinsic beauty, is a mere representation of
the depth it contains.
     Our "family" is becoming healthier as each day passes. There are those
in our extended family that are still caught up in acquisition, possessing,
owning, amassing all that they can gather to themselves. What a sad empty
pursuit.
     Who was it that started this wonderful Forum. Dan was it you? Who else?
You have attracted an incredible group of people. For whatever reason we each
have for being here,"Here" is a nice place to be.
     Jim a man said a few years ago "I have been to the mountain top." He
saw his "Promised Land" and like all of us was a mere man, flawed, imperfect
and wanting. I suggest to you that in the act of "seeing" and sharing the
insight Act IV in this "Morality Play" holds promise beyond imagination and
this "Family" will be the better for it.

                                          Jim Towle......