Re: old newspapers and remodelling photos

Cindy Johnson wrote:

> What was the cistern used for??
> You sure must enjoy hard work!  I think you mentioned in a previous
> post that you hope to be able to redo another house some day.  Isn't
> it hard to leave a place you've poured so much effort into?  Kind
> of like leaving a garden behind, I think.

Hi Cindy
	I actually restored two other houses after this one when we moved up
here. I didn't mind selling the others(we used to rent out houses in IC)
but when I was in Iowa City I would drive around looking at the old
victorian houses figuring I would never have one. Then after 20 years we
started a new family and decided to start over and move to my wife's
hometown where we found this house. I will never sell this house until
we can't take care of it anymore.
	The cistern must have stored water that was drained from the
rooves/roofs??. There is another just outside the perimeter of the
porches which I figure was what they did when they built the porch over
the old one.
	That klan photo I guess was normal at the time but it is still
                Hostasonline http://hostasonline.com/
                Hosta Library http://hostalibrary.org/