Re: Ginger lilies

Dear beautbug,

Thanks a million , Denise, for posting a source of Ginger Lilies. I have started to grow them in Florida. They are as close to hostas  as one can get for this  semi-tropical climate of Central Florida. I have some 20 clumps of  Alpinia Zerumbet "Variegata' , also known as Shell Ginger in my garden. Now that I can find others, I'm going to collect more.

Jim Hawes
Denise Nakon wrote:

http://home.rose.net/~jimeds/gingers.htm Interesting site....