Re: Black Ice

In a message dated 4/17/01 7:47:44 AM Eastern Daylight Time, bobaxe@sbtek.net

<<  Do you have a website for this. I wonder if it is set right if you are
 getting alot of beeps unless it picks up some kind of signal people
 broadcast looking for sites that aren't protected. It would be
 interesting to read up on it.
Bob, Yes if you have cable, like we do, then you have a static IP address
which makes a sitting duck target for people running scanning programs.  They
are looking for open ports, trojan horse virus that gives access, back
orifice virus access  and many other things.  We on average 20 access
attempts per day.
This Black Ice was recommended by the PC mag I get.  It was $40 with a $20
rebate.  It works great with little problems.  Only small problem I have is
that I have to turn the protection off temporarily to play Internet games
with other people.
Their address for general information is: http://www.networkice.com/