Re: NC

Sam wrote:

> Kris, hope you didn't come home to too much of a mess.  And no total losses.
> Hope you took pictures while in NC.
> Sam I Am

River still up, along with Mississippi and Missouri. Big mess, but can be
cleaned up--thanks for your concern. I did take photos in NC. I had hoped to
have time to get up to see John Lanier (sorry John), but my academic schedule
was so frenetic that I was lucky to get to the Sarah Duke Gardens on
campus--then had to beg someone to take a few hours to get me to Tony Avent's
place. My visit as a nightmare of lectures, receptions, dinners,
undsoweiter--all black dress-and-pumps kind of stuff. Am thinking should chuck
professional career and sign on as someone's gardener! Kris