Re: Mantis tiller

  • Subject: Re: Mantis tiller
  • From: "Ransom Lydell" <ranbl@netsync.net>
  • Date: Sun, 22 Apr 2001 09:57:53 -0400

************************
Sue
Two years ago, when we wanted to get a little tiller for working in close
areas in both our growing beds and our display areas, I tried many.  Some
including the product from Sears, were poorly built ( although a little less
expensive)  I liked the Mantis, but it has a serious drawback.  The tines,
are shaped so they aim out.  This is difficult around low plants especially
ferns and Hosts as it catches and tears foliage.  I decided on a TroyBuilt.
It cost about the same, but has a better tine setup.  It is a wonderful
little machine, and has stood up to a lot of use here.
Thanks
Ran Lydell
Eagle Bay Gardens
10749 Bennett Rd.