- Subject: Re: Combinations..........
- From: Andrew Lietzow <email@example.com>
- Date: Sun, 29 Apr 2001 13:37:38 -0500
Joyce, a question. Will this be in deep shade or filtered sun,
or on the edge of your massive oak forest where is will get morning or
1) Heavy Shade - something simple and blue or green - Buckshaw Blue
comes to mind, Arch Duke might be good. Even Nigrescens, if you are looking
for an upright, vase shape...
2) Morning Sun - Sea Thunder, Sagae, Regal Splendor, or Lakeside Shore
Master, Captain Kirk
3) Some afternoon Sun - Lakeside San Kao, Lakeside Symphony, Lakeside
Prissy Miss, Sunpower, Golden Sculpture...
Or, in our neck of the woods, lots of folks might like Silver Anniversary,
Olive Bailey Langdon, Sun King, Russell O'Harra or .... Moonlight Sonata,
Slick Willie, or yadda, yadda, yadda....
Good luck! (Like you need ANY pointers from us!)
#1 Plantsman at http://hostahaven.com
1250 41st St
Des Moines, IA 50311-2516
What hosta would make a DYNAMITE
combination with 'Emerald Tiara'? 'Emerald
Tiara being used for the outer
edge of a circle and then the center one being
the complimentary plant.
Thank you for any suggestions.
CENTER, IOWA 50063