Re: missing hostas

  • Subject: Re: missing hostas
  • From: Bob <bobaxe@sbtek.net>
  • Date: Sat, 06 Apr 2002 16:22:35 -0600

Ann James wrote:

> I found this in my endless quest to find where my hostas went.  Evidently
> A&M has had a field trial going for some years.  And one of the big Houston
> nurseries advertised hostas in their weekend ad.
Hi Ann
	This is really interesting. I noticed the fragrant hostas ended up
toward the end of the list, I always thought they would be near the top.
I see some are nearer the top, maybe about half. I have Sum and
Substances around here in direct sun and they grow like weeds, same with
others I know who grow sum and sub.
	I have traded hostas with people in southern Louisiana and Texas for
years, they seem to do well for them. The one in Texas is Center, Texas
which is way down there, about half way between Dallas and Houston.
--
Bye