Re: squirrels

  • Subject: Re: squirrels
  • From: NardaA@aol.com
  • Date: Mon, 8 Apr 2002 18:10:10 EDT

msbucky@rogers.com writes:

<< Try leaving the window open for him/her... When I lived in Montreal years
 ago, one squirrel in particular was soooo brave, she used to come in the
 kitchen window, run over and sit on my lap at the kitchen table to eat her
 peanuts.  She was also somewhat territorial - she wouldn't allow the others
 anywhere near until she was finished! All the neighbours complained that the
 squirrels damaged their plants - however - Nothing in our garden was ever
 damaged or disturbed.  They seemed to know which garden was which.

 :-)

Helen, he will come in the back door, which just freaks my husband out.  No
eating off the lap yet, but I am getting a group out there.

Unfortunately my next door neighbor hangs a birdfeeder off the back of his
big cedar house.  The squirrels use this as easy access to the roof and have
chewed his house to pieces.  He is not very nice about the whole situation.
Tried to encourage him to move the feeder to the backyard but he loves to
watch the cute birds outside the window.

I will have a going away party when he moves to a condo.  N.