Re: storing pollen

  • Subject: Re: storing pollen
  • From: Bill Nash <raffi@sympatico.ca>
  • Date: Mon, 08 Apr 2002 22:30:18 -0400

At 10:12 PM 04/08/2002, Mr. Robert Axmear wrote:
Hi Bill
What is the longest you would guess you have stored pollen, from one
year to the next or even more?
--
Bye
Bob

I don't see why pollen could not be stored from one year into the next, if we knew how to do it properly, but have not tried it for that length of time?

We do have some Scientists in the hosta-open group here, so perhaps one of them might tell us how long one can store pollen for, in a frozen state?  And possibly, with instruction as to how to store it properly?

sorry Bob <ah'dunno?>

B>))
bill nash

---