Re: [hostapix] trifluralin?

Thanks to Dan Nelson I have absolutely no weeds of any kind in about 2
acres of hosta beds! Dan recommended spraying hosta beds in November
with a mixture of Round-Up and Surflan; no harm done to the hostas at
all. It's such a wonderful sight to see weed free beds. Clia the Border
Collie continues to do her job well on keeping the deer away. This year
is shaping up to be a spectacular year for hostas with respect to
freezes. We have only one more area to fertilize (10-10-10). It's cheap
and does a wonderful job. I got this bit of information from the late
great Bob Savory of Minnesota.

MissVitro Plant Tissue Culture Laboratory
John and Laura Lanier
Route 9  Box 908
Burnsville, NC  28714
(828) 682-4174