Re: Corn Glutten

  • Subject: Re: Corn Glutten
  • From: NardaA@aol.com
  • Date: Tue, 16 Apr 2002 10:08:56 EDT

In a message dated 4/15/02 11:13:06 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
gw1944@vermontel.net writes:

<< Have any of the rest of you had experience with corn glutten? I heard about
 it in class the other week and understood that it was quite expensive, but
 effective at stopping seeds (weeds etc) from germinating. I also understood
 that there was some sort of patten on the process. Anybody have more
 information from experience? Thanks

Hi Guys!

Are you talking about gluten, the protein found in corn?  This is
interesting, wheat has much more gluten, but it is different somehow, just
don't remember.  You know the old saying, "use it or lose it."  I think that
corn has a more complete protein.  Wouldn't it be wonderful to be able to use
something that is so natural to solve such a big problem.