Re: Variegated Sweet Gum

  • Subject: Re: Variegated Sweet Gum
  • From: Betsy Mahtani <bmathani@flash.net>
  • Date: Thu, 25 Apr 2002 14:47:40 -0500

Len:

Thanks for your response.  I probably should have given more detail, but
didn't know what detail would be needed.

I cut the small tree down last year, and this year there were several
shoots growing from beneath the soil level around it, the variegated one
being one of those.  I have removed all the green shoots, so the only
one remaining is the variegated one, and it is already straight upright.

It is possible it is a new seedling growing right next to the old
(young) tree, but I think it is attached.  Didn't want to jeopardize it
by handling it too much until I found out what to do.

Betsy