Hummingbird Help needed

  • Subject: Hummingbird Help needed
  • From: CBCTPLANT@aol.com
  • Date: Sun, 28 Apr 2002 14:29:11 EDT

Help!
Is there anyone who makes their own hummingbird nectar?
Eleanor Lachman gave me her recipe of 3 parts water to 1 part sugar to
attract them. Then she switched to 4 parts water to 1 part sugar once they
had plenty of flower nectar to eat in her garden.

My question is when heating it is there a set number of minutes to boil the
water?  I can't put my hands on my bird books!!  HELP!
Thanks!
cb

Carol in CT   z6/5
AHS Eastern Region