Tomato Question

  • Subject: Tomato Question
  • From: "Bill Meyer" <njhosta@hotmail.com>
  • Date: Sun, 28 Apr 2002 19:44:46 -0400

Hi Narda,
        I don't know what would grow and produce well in a pot, but it may
be a good idea to add greensand or some other source of trace elements. The
best tomato variety I've run across for tomato quality is a new one. 'Bucks
County' from Burpee has been out for three years and is a cross involving
'Brandywine' and modern beefsteaks. It gives medium-sized, nicely shaped
fruit with top-notch flavor, but production is only so-so. Don't know about

.......Bill Meyer