<<  Hi:

I am a science teacher at an elementary school
in Los Angeles, California. A few of my sixth grade students are working on a project for our 2002 Science Fair to be held May 8-9, 2002. We are trying to see where, and how fast e-mail can travel in a period of six weeks. We are keeping track of how many e-mails we get back, and what cities, states, and countries they are coming from. We are hoping that you will be willing to help us with our project! There are only 2 simple steps that will help us to track this email:
1. Please send an e-mail to the following address: science2002fair@yahoo.com In the subject of the e-mail please include your city, state, and country. You do not need to include your name. Please respond only one time.
2. Please forward this e-mail to everyone on your mailing list. We will be keeping track of the
number of responses, as well as the locations. Therefore, send them even to people in the same town. In our science project, we are trying to demonstrate how fast and how far information can travel on the Internet in a six week period.
If you receive this e-mail after May 1, 2002, please disregard it, since the project will be over.
Thank you VERY much for your help!

--- Nancy Hughes
--- nkhughes@earthlink.net