Winterberry Farm problems

  • Subject: Winterberry Farm problems
  • From: Charles E Tuttle ctuttle39@juno.com
  • Date: Mon, 7 Apr 2003 12:03:36 -0400

This was just sent to me by Jim:
************************

When it rains....

Our Hosting service apparently has major problems.  Their hosting service
(most of these guys are just resellers) cut them off and shut the servers
down.  I did not find out until thursday night, but did not know the full
consequences until Saturday.  Here I sit still trying to get a site back
up.
At least email is running again, but what a mess with the spam all mixed
into the important stuff.

When I get done, I hope to be in a possision of redundancy so that this
can
not happen again.  We will have three sites (two will be rudimentary with
no
pictures) and we will control the DNS pointers.  If one site goes down we
can repoint the DNS to another site.

Hopefully by the end of the day we will have http://WinterberryFarms.com,
http://Winterberry.biz, and http://Wb-F.com up and running.  It will take
me
longer to get the sites to point to each other.

Charles, can I get you to post this message for me on the listserves as I
do
not have a mailbox that allows me to post.  I am using my ISP's mailbox
do email.  It took so long to get email because it takes 24 hr. to reset
normal DNS.  Active-Domain.com has its own DNS so they can be reset
almost
immediately.
Jim Anderson,
Winterberry Farms