Re: IAC List?

No, the list is not like a holding tank.  There is no holding tank.  Either
hostas are registered or they are not, to my knowledge, the AHS keeps no
official list of unregistered hostas.  The IAC list was a one time thing, a list
of hostas that were given a meaningless status from the time the list was issued
until its expiration date.  At the time the list was issued, the AHS intended to
discriminate between registered and unregistered hostas in a number of areas
that there is no reason to go into.  The IAC list was an interim measure to
allow time for registration before these plants were officially shuned.  Since,
for various reasons, most of the proposals were abandoned, the whole process
pretty much came to nothing.  Nothing can be added and there is no reason for
anything to be added because the list has no purpose or use.  Forget the IAC.

Several people are competing to keep the largest list of hosta names in the
world, so if you have a new name, just post it here and it will be immediately
snapped up and added to existing lists.   Or you could start your own and join
the fray. Just kidding guys.

Chick