Re: minimum a plant should be grown and observed

Beth Arnold wrote:
> I'm sure it has been done, a single division one year old plant.  Really, I
> have plants that are maybe 7 or 8 years old and many divisions and I feel
> they are ready for registration.  I feel the plant should be at least 5
> years old.

Hi Beth and all
	Someone has a single division plant that is one year old. They are
wanting to find a name and reserve it for this plant. I just thought
this was getting a little ahead of themself.
	I like Tony Avent's rule that is the plant can't be identified from a
distance you probably shouldn't do anything with it.
		Hostasonline http://hostasonline.com/
		Hosta Library http://hostalibrary.org/