Re: Thoughts for the day

  • Subject: Re: Thoughts for the day
  • From: bob <bobaxe@sbtek.net>
  • Date: Wed, 22 Aug 2001 22:03:05 -0500

H. WILLIAMS wrote:

> Perhaps in addition to looking at which plants attract the insects,
Hi Mary and Helen
	I know this isn't quite the same but I never really believed colors
attract insects but while trying to photograph those sphinx moths, I
watch them try to take nector from a picture of a flower on a tag. The
only thing it has going for it is it is red. They fly over and check it
out each time before moving on, they look like they are trying to take
nectar from it, flying right into it and bouncing off.
                Hostasonline http://hostasonline.com/
                Hosta Library http://hostalibrary.org/