  • Subject: funkiamaniacs
  • From: Shishi@aol.com
  • Date: Fri, 24 Aug 2001 21:12:30 EDT

hello to all hosta fans
etc etc,

i'm finally going to announce what i have talked about privately to some
my hosta venusta friendship quilt.
ya, i'm nuts.  those of you who know me, know.  those who dont are finding
it hit me again this summer, just how important friends are.  and how the
plants we get from friends are somehow special.  i have a friend here who
recited his FRIENDS names as he gives you a tour of his garden.  not the
varieties so much as the people who shared with him.
i was in bleepin tears.
i would like all of my friends, aquaintences, enemies, wanna be etc etc, to
send me a piece of YOUR venusta.  and your name, and where you live, and
where the venusta came from, if you remember.
i have a garden area where i will plant all the hostas, and let them fill in
to form a patchwork of my friends.
ya, it's a little nuts.
we are all here for such a short short time.
here's a chance for us to share, and maybe someone else can start a "gold
drop" garden, or a "francee" garden.  not the rarity of the plant, but the
most rare commodity of friendship.

wiping away the tears here.

now back to funkia fun.
harry abel