Re: foliar nematodes

  • Subject: Re: foliar nematodes
  • From: ctuttle39@juno.com
  • Date: Sun, 25 Aug 2002 18:12:23 -0400

Hi John,

Great to hear from you.  Virginia and I leave EARLY tomorrow AM for our
one week (5 days) of vacation per year and will again head over to Paw
Paw, WVa, about an hour past Jim Hawes.  I sent Jim an e-mail
(jamesh@gcnetmail.net) about stopping by for a short visit but I never
heard back from him.  The e-mail wasn't bounced so I figure that this is
still his e-mail address.  That is OK.

Sorry to hear that the pain still is there and no better.  I have not
heard of the procedure of placing an electrode on the spine.  Don't know
anything about it, so unfortunately cannot give you any results of
others.  Damn, life isn't fair!

I was just looking today on www.google.com trying to fine the 1 qt size
of ZeroTol, which is what I purchased last year and could not find it.  I
did find one place that sells it for about $115.00 for 2.5 gallons - but
who needs that much!.  And they have to charge hazardous materials
shipping on top of that ($17.00) plus regular shipping.  Too bad we don't
live closer together and could split it.  When I get back I will try to
find the receipt from last year and contact them.  When I do (assuming
that I find it), I will let you know.

I don't think I have been in a Hosta garden at this time of year, under
long heat spells with drought and not see some sign of foliar nematodes.
I believe that we all have them but for most plants, they are subclinical
and do not show the signs.  Stress brings them out into view.  Almost
like stress in people!!  Almost like why some Hosta cave into the heat
and drought and go into deep dormancy and others around it look great.
Go figure.

Off to pick up the pizza, pack the van, get to bed early and off for