Hosta Library Searchable Database

  • Subject: Hosta Library Searchable Database
  • From: Pat Mora amora44@comcast.net
  • Date: Tue, 27 Aug 2002 06:12:59 -0500

Hi All:
    This is a special thanks to Bob Axmear for all his hard work and willingness to keep doing projects to enhance our Hosta experience. Yesterday he updated the Searchable Database to include all 4721 Records. This includes the latest registered and unregistered Hostas. Also, after clicking to open the Searchable Database scroll down to view the hints and explanations for search's.
If you wanted to know how many of Mary Chastain's Hostas are viable, rugose and medium size the query would read as:
Plant Size: med
Rugose: moderately
viable: 1    ( the #1 will always mean "yes"
Orig: Chastain
It is best to use the field ORIG for hybridizer search's, as you know the ONIR is for registered Hostas only but those hybridizers will also be listed in the field ORIG. BTW, the Chastain Hostas now number 103 after this new update.
Soooooo, multiple search's can be accomplished, with time we will get better at it.
    A special thanks to Bob for all his work. I don't think he has time to monitor all site's so please drop him a line to say "Hey Bob, Thanks A Bunch"   He just never stops giving of him self.