Allen C. Haskell sport

  • Subject: Allen C. Haskell sport
  • From: gw1944@vermontel.net (Glen Williams)
  • Date: Thu, 29 Aug 2002 11:47:15 -0500

 I have had  H. 'Allen C. Haskell' for about 7 years. It has set a little
seed twice. For me at least , as a breeder it's hopeless. However, the
stable centered version of the plant is quite lovely. It's almost as nice
as H. 'Great Expectations' and looks a bit like it in pattern and color.. I
think I will break it up (almost 1/2 the plant is now centered now, as well
has having a green crown or two, and a streaked one. Does the centered
sport have a name? I have not been able to find anything... but that
doesn't prove much. I checked the Sport/Wheel section at the
Library...thanks to Dan, Bob, and many others...and found two centered
sports listed: LovePotion #9 and Happy Harbinger. LP#9  looks nothing like
it, and there is no photo for HH. In the photo lib  the pictures of Allen
C. Haskell  seem to indicate that the plant moves quite often towrd the
centered version I have.  Does anyone else have the sport that looks like
Great Expectations? Does it have a name?  Thanks glen

"Depression is just the anger without enthusiasm." Steve Wright
Glen Williams
20 Dewey St.
Springfield , Vermont
Tel: 802-885-2839