Re: Wintering colacasia

  • Subject: Re: Wintering colacasia
  • From: earthspirit bdn7458@mailbag.com
  • Date: Sun, 31 Aug 2003 19:58:39 -0500

I have a couple of colacasia that are growing in large concrete pots.
How do I put them away for the winter. *****I overwintered mine under fluorescent lights in the basement. Make sure you change the soil so you don't have an explosion of bugs. Since Colocasia like being wetter than the other two you mentioned, I would think that you would need to keep them in damp peat........they are tropicals so I would also think that they wouldn't like being cool and dry. Jean Bawden, Madison, Wi