I live 150 miles north of Des Moines...I consider Tattoo to be a really tough little rascal!! Last summer a large tree branch blew down on part of a hosta bed...I was distraught and thought none of the smashed hostas would survivie.
Tattoo was one of them and smashed so flat you couldn't tell a hosta had ever been there. It came up this spring...3 divisions and looks the best it ever has! I got it as a tiny TC in 2002.
So... Andrew...get a sledge hammer...whack it flat to the ground and see what happens! <BG>
Linda Kofstad
Hartland, MN
P.S. All of the smashed hostas are doing great this year.