Re: Great Expectations

  • Subject: Re: Great Expectations
  • From: michael shelton <wilddog_202@yahoo.com>
  • Date: Tue, 3 Aug 2004 18:18:16 -0700 (PDT)

Butch say; George

I wasn't clear or complete about the process. The main
part and the first part of what you are says is:
Glamoles fungus comes first then comes other fungus
and bacteria. Including a group of fungus called PAM
fungus and if u lift a small pile of organic matter
you'll see white stringy looking fungus call white rot
fungus. Mushrooms, toadstools and to many other things
to mention.

But lets talk about the glamoles for a moment. The
root looking part of the fungus protrudes into
substrate, think of it as your finger if you licked it
and stuck it into a bowl of sugar. Around this root
are ions of all the minerals (looking like the sugar
sticking to your finger) that made up the organic
matter that is decomposing and they are readily
available to the plant because they are no longer in
compound. Finally it starts to be useful to the worms,
bugs and other criters to perform other functions in
the process.

Back to minerals dropping out of trees. Yes they do in
fact drop out of trees, leaves, twigs in a form that
plants cannot use. Now the glamoles (the main one) and
the whole process start to turn these minerals that
just droped out of trees into a form the plants can
use. Exactly at the interface between the bottom of
this compost and the soil surface is where the compost
starts to migrate into the substrate if you don't
start mixing and digging and poking around. Which
takes me back to what I've said many times "mulch and
get the hell out of the way". God will take over and
do the rest.

--- "W. George Schmid" <hostahill@Bellsouth.net>