Re: roundup

michael shelton wrote:

> before we get off of roundup and brush killer
> jap maples and other smooth bark trees are bothered by
> roundup
> brush killer can translocate thru the roots to other
> trees and and plants & cause problems.
> both are wonderful and dangerous

we lost a beloved dog after the mother-in-law "helpfully" used roundup
on our patio while we were on vacation. the dog walked on it apparently
when it wasn't quite dry, later licked her paws, sickened swiftly and
died. the vet was able to tell us what killed her. i had never before,
and never will again, used pesticides or herbicides in my garden where
there are children, pets, and vegetables and herbs that we eat. i know
roundup has a place, but . . . i'd rather stoop to pull the weeds.