Re: roundup and etc............

  • Subject: Re: roundup and etc............
  • From: NardaA@aol.com
  • Date: Mon, 23 Aug 2004 06:01:40 EDT

In a message dated 8/22/2004 9:09:21 PM Eastern Standard Time,
forshade@prairienet.org writes:
Hi Butch,

Reading your post was like listening to a recording of what I say every day.
Well said.

Butch, I have to agree.  And I wish that when this house was built that they
had not removed the soil from Hades and put it in my back yard.  It is
impossible to grow anything in the stuff.  I am not talking about the natural clay
soil that many have, I am speaking of nasty stuff that came from the slime pit
of the earth.

The anaerobic bacteria activity is something that I have not heard of and you
did not include peat moss in your soil additives.  I have found that the more
organic material such as mushroom compost and peat that I can break up the
clay with the better my plants do.  I will include a fair amount of gypsum too.

All of this thread has been very informative to me and thanks to everyone who
contributed.   N.

Narda Miller