Thanks Kevin,

I have to admit that rules irritate me, but in this case I asked for it so I have only myself to blame.

The reason I'm asking is that I am not a big fan of naming, nor or registering, streaked plants unless they are truly unusual and outstanding for some reason. Obviously there are many who disagree because I see all kinds of plants being named that don't look any different than the hundreds of streaked plants I produce every year - thousands if you count the ones I throw out. I can't see any reason to introduce a streaked plant unless it's an outstanding breeder, and that doesn't mean just any streaked plant that will produce additional ordinary streaked plants.

Anyway, I digress (does it seem that there's always a rant attached to my questions?). I do have some streaked plants that I consider outstanding breeders and I have considered offering them for sale in the future. Generally I number the seedlings I use for breeding and don't give them a name unless they stabilize into something I find interesting. I think I was once told that I could not name a plant 'Bridgewood 0017 ' legally because it didn't conform to the rules. It would seem to me that if 'Apolo 13' is legal, then 'Bridgewood 0017' would be too. Yes?