Re: Count Dracula

<< Does this mean you can mask a discoloration on a leaf with a green marker,
 Surely not.
 I cannot name names but a very experienced judge posted me privately and said
 that he/she thought it would be illegal to refrigerate leaves to make them
 appear dark.
 Do you sanction the practice of refrigerating leaves for up to 2 weeks(!)
 before a cut leaf show, in order to make them blackish green?
 Clyde Crockett z5 >>

I agree with you, Clyde. I do not think it right to do. Most do not
refrigerate  with an ulterior motive though. I also agree with unnamed judge.
One should not tamper with a leaf other than to clean it. The fact remains
that this is not mentioned in handbook, but in my opinion that does not make
it right to do. If done the leaf would not be typical of that particular
hosta, and therefore would or should not be considered for a ribbon.