Re: To Sheila: Aphrodite 1998 (Idea)

<< Now a question.  Hostas I have bought at Shelton's generally have a dark,
 blue-gray coloration to any leaves that are supposed to be bluish.  They
 retain the color throughout the season in which they are planted.  The
 following year, they display the 'correct' color (usually lighter or
 greener).  I have not seen this phenomenon at other nurseries.  What could
 be the cause of it?
If they overhead water, could it be minerals in the water?  We have a nursery
here  that has that problem due to the iron content in the water.  Just as you
said, by the next year the coloration is gone.
Kay Dye, Zone 5 Edelstein, IL