Re: County Fair Flower Show

Diane,
I second the congratulation.  I have entered leaves in our fair before, but
never the flowers.  Others have used them, I mean I have seen them exhibited,
though.
I would imagine that your dish garden entry was exactly what we call a trough
garden, and I hope you will enter one at the convention in Mich. next year.  I
think the word "trough" came from the recent popularity of making tufta pot
containers in which to display dwarf plants.  There have been some beautiful
ones at the last two conventions.  It's a great way to display those mini
hostas.
Kay Dye, Edelstein, IL Zone 5

n a message dated 98-08-04 22:22:07 EDT, you write:

<<
 Congrats, Diane on all your ribbons!
 You might not know that the American Hosta Society now has a "trough garden"
 category as part of its competition at nationals. You might consider entering
 one at Ann Arbor next year.