. H. Aphrodite 1998

Clyde: In a message 98 03 01 you write :
What fertilizers do you use, how often? When do you stop fertilizing?
This plant grows in rich humus-like soil immediately beside my patio.The patio has 20 - 30 pots including two half barrels brimming with H. Gold Edger (planted1997). The rest of the pots contain various hostas as well as ornamental grasses, cacti,several century plants and more.
Due tothe hot sunny weather this year, the pots and half-barrels require watering/fertilizing daily.And I am sure some this leaches down to H. Aphrodite even though  I tend to give the plant some directly.
Normally I like to alternate fertilizers as plants nutrient requirements are somewhat different ie: vegetative growth requires a higher nitrogen ratio. Point of flowering, less nitrogen, increased amounts potassium/ potash.
This may be the reason why H. Aphrodite is about to bloom so well,as all the pots etc. on the patio etc. are recieving achemical fertilizer 10-30-20 ratio at approx. half strenght plus!
By the way Clyde I have discovered one more infloresence new count is now six!!
Yes, pix on the way soon.
Gord Barringham z5b
291 Woodward Avenue
L9T 1V1