Re: Iron in the Water

Michael D. Cook wrote:
> At 08:25 AM 8/5/98 -0700, you wrote:
> >If it really is iron, it will also "stain" the white parts a sort of
> >dirty light yellow.  I doubt that you will like the results.
> >
> Hi, Ran.  It probably is iron, then, because the white margins are very
> slightly yellowed (like a cream color).  I do like the look, but it would
> probably be pretty hard to get it exactly like I want it - and if I didn't
> have the correct amount of iron, I suppose it would assume that
> unattractive 'dirty' yellow.
> Sheila Smith
> mikecook@pipeline.com
> Niles, MI  USA, Z 5/6
My pond , from which I get my hose water, is high in iron.  I had the
bright idea, of putting a section(of hose) up in a tree, and letting the
water drop down the trunks and branches, and off the vines that are on
it.  Trouble is, the Hostas below are all Antioch and now all the nice
cream edges, are starting to look rusty yellow.  It is awful!