Re: More on water

James Westberg wrote:
> The 'iron in water' postings remind me that our (Minneapolis Metro
> area) Metorpolitan Council and it's Watershed District Commission
> require a PH of 8 in all Municipal systems.  For those of us that use
> 'City water', using Miracid or one of its clones becomes quite
> necessary.
> Oh to have our well back!!
> Jim Westberg
> Burnsville Mn

  I have a heavy sulphur well here. Heavy on the minerals, including
iron. I was wondering why my hostas' variegation was looking so awful.
But for my other plants, it's wonderful! I love my well water for them.
They grow like crazy, and I barely need to fertilize.
  I'm moving to Cleveland, though, where I'll have to use city water.
That's the only drawback to moving there.
  Anyone want to buy my house? It's nice, plenty of shade, and room for
expansion of the nice shade gardens. (I'd have done it, but I'm moving).
Just South of Toledo, Ohio, nice country area, nice neighbors,
convenient to everything.... :)

Diane Frederick
zone 5