Re: Hosta 'Fair Maiden'

Harry Dewey wrote:

> Can anyone provide a description or point to one, with or without a
> picture, of Hosta 'Fair Maiden'?  Lacking a web or archive site, a
> citation to a book or journal article would be fine.  I've searched the
> Mallorn archive without success.  Searching on 'Fair Maiden' there turns
> up four references to Iris 'Fair Maiden' but no hosta by the name. A
> friend who just bought one at Behnke's Nursery in Beltsville,
> Maryland, wants to know more about it.  Thanks.
>
> Harry
> Harry Dewey, zone 7a, Beltsville, Maryland USA

This a Walters Gardens introduction.  I find it grows best in filtered
light.  It is small (under 18 ")(*in width*)(how am I doing Robyn?) and
has heart shaped leaves (about 3" across) that are nicely cupped, and
have clear white borders that streak back into the center of the leaf.
When properly grown this plant is one of the nicest Hostas I know.  It is
difficult to get just the right site, but worth the effort.
Ran Lydell
Eagle Bay Hosta Gardens
10749  Bennett Rd.
Dunkirk, NY  14048