Re: Winterizing the Hosta Garden

At 04:57 PM 10/08/98 -0400, you wrote:
Can and would someone please explain exactly what is "Greensand" and its properties and benefits? A couple of sources for it would be nice too, especially if hostas relish it! Please don't tell me that any good garden center should carry it, since I've asked about it in quite a few, and all I get are funny looks! Is there another name for it?

Its only available States side. Its an organic soil improver that is mined off the Atlantic coast. Causes as much controversies as Peat Moss does.

Happy Gardening

John Kee